[geos-devel] Coordinate & Coordinate list (20% faster now)

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Thu Nov 14 19:26:29 EST 2002

Martin Davis writes:

> Excellent - shows we're on the right track.
>
> I wonder how much ditching the use of vector really saves?  Aren't most of the vector functions inlined?  However, it should be
pretty easy & secure to implement a coordinate array directly instead of a vector, so it's worth trying.

The STL vector implementation is about as good as you can get

FWIW
I did a massive rewrite inlining all of the Coordinate and CoordinateList
and put the moveto() in all of the low level functions and only got a 30-40%
speedup.  We are looking for an ORDER of MAGNITUDE speedup so I
didn't bother to report my results.

See my earlier post for what I think we need to do to get the BIG BOOST

Cheers

Norman