[geos-devel] commit of automake/libtool support

Ferdinando Villa fvilla at zoo.uvm.edu
Tue Sep 3 08:37:31 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I've just committed the following changes. Let me know if there's any
problem associated with them. Ciao f

* Add automake/autoconf support for one-lib compilation

* add libtool support for shared libraries. --enable-shared={yes|no} and
  --enable-static={yes|no} control static and shared lib generation.

* Makefile.in and configure files added to cvs (for users without
automake)

* add dir macros/ with a GEOS_INIT macro to be used in configure.in
  of other packages using geos (not used by geos itself)

* add dir tools/ with geos-config script

* the makefile in source/geom is the only one that generates a
  library - all others have the source files in EXTRA_DIST only

* small glitch: 'make dist' will give errors trying to add the
  source files non local to source/geom to the archive using relative
  paths. Does not have consequences other than the error messages - will
  see if I can fix this. In general the one-lib, complex-tree solution
is not
  easy to work with in automake.

--
ferdinando villa, ph.d.                    associate professor
gund institute for ecological economics, university of vermont