[geos-devel] GEOS on Solaris?!

dblasby at refractions.net dblasby at refractions.net
Sat Apr 12 18:29:30 EDT 2003

This maybe a symptom of memory management issues.

As I said before, windows is pretty easy if you free something and try to use
it again.  Linux (on intel) is a bit easier - it usually works.

Solaris is really aggressive about seg faulting if you do something wrong in
the memory-management department.  This could be pointing to more subtle
issues within the library.  This is good - hopefully we can find the problem.

Could you verify that you are not deleting *anything* in the code you're
using?

It could also just be a system-issue...

We're the first people actually using the system, so there's bugs to be found
and quashed.

dave