[geos-devel] GEOS Todo

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Tue May 27 19:38:43 EDT 2003

Norman Vine wrote:

< I really need to start using a spell checker :-) >

> > > Using the c++ autoptr or a homegrown equivalant
> > > would help *alot* here
> >
> > This is even more basic - if you delete any one Geometry you will
> > usually delete the PrecisionModel of *all* your Geometries.

This is easily worked around by having a Geomety bump the
Precision Model Object refcnt in its constructor and decrementing
the refcnt in its destructor

Another perhaps *faster* method is to have the Precison Model
refcnt bumped twice by the highest level invoking function

This will ensure that the Precison Model refcnt will never fall to zero
hence not be deleted by any operations before the high level calling
routine is ready to return at which time it decrements the extra refcnt.

Norman