[geos-devel] Issues with smart pointers and threads?

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Tue May 27 20:29:54 EDT 2003

David Blasby writes:

> I'm a bit concerned with using the reference counting since it could
> cause us some grief.  However, if this open source reference counter is
> good this might be easy.

See
http://www.boost.org/libs/smart_ptr/smart_ptr.htm

Note: Followiing snipped from www.boost.org

"""The Boost web site provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source
libraries.
The emphasis is on libraries which work well with the C++ Standard Library.
One goal is to establish "existing practice" and provide reference
implementations
so that the Boost libraries are suitable for eventual standardization.
Some of the libraries have already been proposed for inclusion in the
C++ Standards Committee's upcoming C++ Standard Library Technical Report.

Although Boost was begun by members of the C++ Standards Committee Library
Working Group, membership has expanded to include nearly two thousand
members
of the C++ community at large.""""

Cheers

Norman