[geos-devel] PostGIS Leak

strk strk at keybit.net
Tue Oct 21 12:19:55 EDT 2003

me wrote:
> Strangely enough your example runs fine on my system and I get no segfault while
> printing the point.
>
> Yury

I finally upgraded compiler to version 3.0 and... Magic !
Segfault disappeared. I can finally disable gcc's "smart"
memory magic and... Surprise ! There seems to be a bug
somewhere.. I get a segfault when deleting the vector
used as input to GeometryCollection constructor (a just
in time real life example of consistency issues).

The bug probably does not show up due to memory caching smartness.

I'll inspect on this. BTW to disable memory caching with gcc 2.91,
2.95, 3.0, 3.1 export CXXFLAGS=-D__USE_MALLOC and re-compile both
geos and example.cpp. For gcc >= 3.2.2 export GLIBCPP_FORCE_NEW
and/or GLIBCXX_FORCE_NEW at runtime.