[geos-devel] GEOS Postgis Error/Postgres crash

Düster Horst Horst.Duester at bd.so.ch
Fri Sep 5 07:49:19 EDT 2003

Thank you Paul for the ./configure script. Now compilation process works
correct. But now I'm running in the next problem.

I did the followinig steps:

1. Compilation and installation of GEOS

2. Compilation of Postgres 7.2.4 with:
    LDFLAGS=-lstdc++ ./configure --prefix=myPath --enable-multibyte
    stop Postgres
    make and make install
    start Postgres

3. Compilation of Postgis with GEOS option
    replace all $libdir with /myPath/lib in postgis.sql

4. Last step test with ogc test suite

    createdb ogc
    createlang plpgsql ogc
    installation of postgis.sql successful
    installation of spatial_ref_sys.sql successful

    psql -d ogc -f 1_schema.sql works OK

    psql -d ogc -f 2_queries.sql
    Postgres crashes and responses with the following error message:

psql:2_queries.sql:508: server closed the connection unexpectedly
        before or while processing the request.
psql:2_queries.sql:508: connection to server was lost

I tested with my geometries (no geometry_collections) with the same result.

Any hint would be appreciated.

Horst