[geos-devel] Re: gettimeofday for win32

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Fri Dec 3 05:28:41 EST 2004

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 09:22:27AM -0500, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

(...)

> I don't see any VisualStudio directory in the 2.1.0 distribution.   Is
> it only available in CVS?  I don't really want a project/workspace
> file anyways, though I suppose if it worked smoothly enough it
> would do.

I confirm it's not included in the distribution.
Paul, should it ?

(...)
>  o The definition of int64 in platform.h lacks a win32 case.
>  o The use of the long long static uid in various items in geom.h caused
>     a problem.   I just hacked out the UIDs as they don't seem to have any
>     purpose.

That is mainly Martin's way of versioning classes.
Anyway a 64-bit int type is needed for the DoubleBits class, better
to handle win32 case in platform.h.

>  o The base class toVector() returns a const result while the overrides return
>     non-const. I had to change the base to non-const as well, though I am
>     not clear what the original intent was.

We should probably have two methods:
        const vector<Coordinate>* toVector() const;
        vector<Coordinate>* toVector();

--strk;