[geos-devel] Development status

strk strk at keybit.net
Mon Jul 5 15:39:10 EDT 2004

I've dropped support for deep-copying constructors
in the Geometry classes and kept it in the GeometryFactory.
I've added a clone() function for CoordinateList classes, to
make manual copy easier, something similar could be done
with vector<Geometry *>, maybe a GeometryList class or
a static Geometry::copyGeometryVector...

Hopefully documentation is now cleaner, but needs to be read
by beta testers, anyone ? If you have doxygen installed you
can run 'make doxygen' in the doc/ directory.

As for memory management I tought we could give Geometry ownership
to their factory and factory ownership to another manager class.
This is probably something that won't go in next release but in
the meanwhile I introduced a GeometryFactory::destroyGeometry
to be preferred to direct Geometry deletion, similarly to what
already happen with creation.