[geos-devel] Python interface to GEOS 1.0

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Tue Jul 13 12:54:09 EDT 2004

Hi all,

With strk's help I was able to generate a swig-based Python
module for GEOS 1.0.  If you are interested, the download is at

   http://users.frii.com/sgillies/projects/PyGEOS.tgz

I'd like to do this for the CVS GEOS as well, and, as strk
pointed out yesterday, it's a good way to shed light on problems
with the new GEOS API.  Importing the SWIG module runs a lot of
code that you'd otherwise have to explicitly test.

I'd be happy to donate this work to the GEOS project.  Let me
know if you're interested.

cheers,
Sean

--