[geos-devel] GEOS versioning

Darren Houston dhouston at beyondcompliance.ca
Mon Jul 19 14:46:01 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I went to the GEOS site to download the hourly cvs snapshot of GEOS only to
find that the hourly snapshot is not being generated. This indicates to me
possibly a change in GEOS cvs that broke whatever script generates the hourly
cvs snapshot.

Our company is going live with PostGIS/GEOS very soon (today I am setting up
the beta server to beta test). I realize GEOS versioning and interface is
changing. The current GEOS I use is from cvs from June. I have just grabbed
GEOS from cvs and will be installing this to the beta server. I have one
general question;

Are there any caveats you see me running into with the major changes? I use an
unmodified GEOS accessed only by PostGIS functions through the database.

Thanks for any insight,

Darren H.