[geos-devel] autotools problems

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Fri Dec 2 08:10:03 EST 2005

Guys, I need some help with the Makefile.am
under source/capi (the new CAPI thing).

I'm really unsure of wheter it is constructed
correctly. As a matter of fact I've hade report
of failures for MingW builds.

The point is building a library and a program.
The library is libgeos_c.
The program is geostest.
libgeos_c depends (links against) libgeos.
geostest depends (links against) libgeos_c.

Current Makefile.am is as follows:

----8<--------------------------------------------------

prefix=@prefix@
top_srcdir=@top_srcdir@
GEOS_CAPI_VERSION="@VERSION at -CAPI-@CAPI_VERSION@"

noinst_PROGRAMS = geostest

geostest_SOURCES = geostest.c
#geostest_LDADD = libgeos_c.la
geostest_LDADD = $(top_builddir)/source/geom/libgeos.la libgeos_c.la
geostest_INCLUDES = -I.

capidir = $(includedir)

nodist_capi_HEADERS = \
        geos_c.h

lib_LTLIBRARIES = libgeos_c.la

LIBS = $(top_builddir)/source/geom/libgeos.la

DIR_SOURCES = \
        geos_c.cpp

libgeos_c_la_SOURCES = $(DIR_SOURCES)
libgeos_c_la_CPPFLAGS = -DGEOS_CAPI_VERSION='$(GEOS_CAPI_VERSION)'

libgeos_c_la_LDFLAGS = -version-info @CAPI_INTERFACE_CURRENT@:@CAPI_INTERFACE_REVISION@:@CAPI_INTERFACE_AGE@

dist-local:
        cp -p $(DIST_SOURCES) Makefile.am Makefile.in $(distdir)

----8<--------------------------------------------------

MingW build report show a WARNING at libgeos_c.la build:

*** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive ../../source/geom/libgeos.la.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in i686-pc-mingw32 shared libraries

And a lots of "undefined reference" error at geostest build, where
undefined symbols seems the ones in libstdc++.

Any successful MingW builder here, or  does the Makefile.am looks fine ?

--strk;

 /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 \ /    Respect for open standards
  X     No HTML/RTF in email