[geos-devel] GEOS 2.1.1 sprintf Compile Error

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 09:24:54 EST 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:56:35 +0100, strk at refractions.net
<strk at refractions.net> wrote:
> I've substituted most sprintf calls with use of ostringstream.
> WKTWriter and (external) MarkupSTL are the only one left.
>
> Could you check if CVS version works fine for you ?
> TIA

Strk,

Sorry, I can't build from CVS.  When I try to run automake I get the
following.  Frankly, while I know it is considered "best practice" to
not include the derived automake and configure files in CVS, I find
it makes use of CVS very challenging.  I never seem to have the
latest automake, autoconf and supporting stuff needed to build
cutting edge projects.  I am running automake 1.8.3 and autoconf
2.59.

warmerda at gdal2200[13]% automake
configure.in: no proper invocation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found.
configure.in: You should verify that configure.in invokes AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE,
configure.in: that aclocal.m4 is present in the top-level directory,
configure.in: and that aclocal.m4 was recently regenerated (using aclocal).
configure.in: required file `./install-sh' not found
configure.in: required file `./missing' not found
configure.in:6: required file `./config.guess' not found
configure.in:6: required file `./config.sub' not found
doc/Makefile.am: required file `./depcomp' not found
/usr/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCXX does not appear
in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCXX does not appear
in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
source/geom/Makefile.am:6: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
source/geom/Makefile.am:6:
source/geom/Makefile.am:6: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add
`AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
source/geom/Makefile.am:6: to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and
`autoconf' again.
/usr/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCXX does not appear
in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
configure.in:24: required file `source/headers/config.h.in' not found
/usr/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCXX does not appear
in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL

Best regards,