[geos-devel] How robust is GEOS?

Martin Davis mbdavis at VividSolutions.com
Fri May 6 13:55:44 EDT 2005

Thanks, Norman.  We have seen this, and it's a nice piece of work.
Unfortunately, his technique apparently doesn't work with IEEE-754
doubles.

http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~quake/robust.pc.html

We're looking at similar kinds of solutions using Interval Analysis, or
possible some extended precision computation.

Martin Davis, Senior Technical Architect
Vivid Solutions Inc.      www.vividsolutions.com
Suite #1A-2328 Government Street Victoria, B.C. V8T 5G5
Phone: (250) 385 6040 - Local 308 Fax: (250) 385 6046

 http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~quake/robust.html

Cheers

Norman