[geos-devel] Question about Geometry and GeometryFactory relationship...

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed May 11 12:52:08 EDT 2005

Hi All: I'm running into trouble making a clean integration of GEOS into
MapServer. Problem is that GeometryFactory objects must persist while
any Geometry objects spawned from that factory are in us. This makes it
necessary to either use a global factory which is problematic with
theading, or somehow couple the two so that they are created, persist
and are deleted together. I'm curious why Geometry's cannot stand-alone?
Perhaps I'm missing something obvious in my implementation.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR