[geos-devel] 2.2.2

Charlie Savage cfis at interserv.com
Sun Apr 9 18:24:51 EDT 2006

Hi Strk,

A couple things from me:

1.  The branch doesn't build on Linux.  Its missing geos/ChangeLog,
which causes ./autogen.sh to only partially complete, which then causes
configure not to work.  Fix is simple, add a ChangeLog (maybe its not
tagged with the branch?)

2.  Could you apply the patch for the SRID bug:

http://postgis.refractions.net/bugs/bug.php?op=show&bugid=97

I.E. - this is the patch that changes WKBReader so that it sets the SRID
on newly created geometries as opposed to throwing away the SRID value.
I've extracted it out of the patches that I sent to you last week.  This
patch does not make any changes to any GEOS apis so won't break ABI
compatibility.  Note I've been using it for the last four months are so
and have unit tests in the Ruby test suite, so it should be well tested.

I will retest the SWIG build this evening on VC++, msys and linux and
report back any issues.

Thanks,

Charlie