[geos-devel] Building GDAL with GEOS in Unix

Elavazhagan.M elavazhagan.mouniandy at kcubeconsulting.com
Thu Dec 14 08:58:55 EST 2006

Hi,

Can anyone please guide me how to enable GEOS Support in GDAL (Unix)? I have
installed Geos 3.0.0rc2 in my system and configured GDAL 1.32 with the
following commands:

"./configure -with-geos=yes". This did not work so I tried with "./configure
--with-geos=/root/usr/bin/geos-config" also.

Although these commands worked well and I successfully installed GDAL, when
I run the command "ogr2ogr", it gives the following error message:

"ERROR 6: Geos support not enabled"

Do I need to change anything in the makefiles of GDAL?

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Regards,

Elavazhagan.M