[geos-devel] GEOS Upgrade to JTS 1.7 Parity

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed Feb 8 18:25:45 EST 2006

FYI, to everyone in the PostGIS and GEOS community.  You may have
noticed a larger number of new commits than usual flowing into the
GEOS CVS tree.  This is because we have started re-synchronizing the
GEOS code with the latest version of JTS, which is 1.7.  The previous
synchronization was done for JTS 1.4, so there many new things coming
in.

This work is bringing in some new structures and algorithms which
should hopefully allow us to complete the final robustness steps for
union, intersection, and difference.  If you are interested in
funding this last mile, please contact me offline.

The JTS 1.7 synchronization is being funded by two members of the
GEOS corporate user community, Autodesk (who use it in their new
MapGuide Open Source offering) and Safe Software (who use it in their
FME).  I want to thank Autodesk and Safe for their support and great
community spirit in helping this development along.

Paul