[geos-devel] SegmentString modeling

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Sat Feb 18 09:36:32 EST 2006

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 06:55:02PM +0100, Mateusz Å?oskot wrote:
> strk at refractions.net wrote:
> >Need some help from C++ gurus. One of the new JTS classes expects to
> >modify the Coordinates associated with a SegmentString.
>
> I wonder why SegmentString::pts is declared as
> const CoordinateSequence* pts;
>
> As I see, in JTS sources SegmentString::pts is not declared as const.
> I'm not a Java guru but IMHO const in Java has similar meaning
> as in C++.

I've been the 'const' pusher in GEOS. I tried adding
const-correctness here and there to help maintainance
and reduce unneeded copies.
I could take the const out of SegmentString but I guess
JTS code itself is not enough to tell what the intended
behaviour is.

Asking Martin is the way to go :)

Martin is the JTS designer.