[geos-devel] Building latest CVS HEAD with MSVC++ 8.0

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Feb 22 16:30:00 EST 2006

Charlie Savage wrote:

> Yes, I build geos with VC++ 8 fairly frequently.  I have a VC
> solution/project I can send you if you'd like.  The one hang-up at the
> moment is that VC++ does not have a round function in math.h, which is
> used in HotPixel::scale for example.

Hi Charlie,
Yes, I also build GEOS quite often with VC++ 8.0.
Latest problem is caused by that round function which is not
available in VC++.
Besides that VC++ does not support this function, it's not C++
standard function. ANSI/ISO C++ does not list [1] it as supported
function from C library. Second, not all features from C are supported
by C++ by default ;-)

BTW, here I ask about round on MSDN forums
http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/showpost.aspx?postid=260134

[1] Standard for Programming Language C++ (working draft), Apendix C:
"7 - The C++ Standard library provides 209 standard functions from the C
library, as shown in Table 102.$"

And the Appendinx C does not include round in Table 102. So, it's not
supported by C++.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Łoskot