[geos-devel] Building latest CVS HEAD with MSVC++ 8.0

Charlie Savage cfis at interserv.com
Wed Feb 22 17:40:19 EST 2006

One thing to follow up on.  I realize there used to be VC++ solution  in
the GEOS source tree.  However, it wasn't maintained and thus was
removed a few months ago.

Is there any interest in having a working VC++ solution again?  I don't
mind keeping it up to date since I do that locally anyways.

What I have now builds geos as a static library (have to because there
aren't any DLL_EXPORT/IMPORT declarations in the geos C++ code base),
builds the geos C dll, and builds the Ruby SWIG extension.  It would be
easy enough to also add in building the Python SWIG extension.

Thanks,

Charlie