[geos-devel] Building latest CVS HEAD with MSVC++ 8.0

Chris Hodgson chodgson at refractions.net
Wed Feb 22 19:26:44 EST 2006

Mateusz Łoskot wrote:
 > I don't understand. Are you talking about round function issue?
 > Does it mean you are asking if it's worth to keep GEOS compilable
 > with VC++ ?
 > If I'm following your point, should I understand that GEOS is (usually)
 > not compiled by the GEOS Community with VC++ at all?

The primary development target is linux/gcc-g++. However we certainly do
want to maintain compatibiliy with solaris, windows/mingw, and native
windows/VC++. As strk has mentioned, he's busy doing new work right now,
and that will take priority over compatibility changes/improvements.
Ideally we could get some people regularly testing on the various other
platforms and submitting patches, etc. to keep everything compatible.
Until we have these "platform champions", the other platforms will suffer :(

Chris