[geos-devel] geos-2.2.0 / FreeBSD 4

Benjamin Thelen bt at ccgis.de
Tue Jan 10 10:37:19 EST 2006

Hello,

I used the FreeBSD ports' geos and bend the geos port to use gcc34 what
lead to the error I've send to you yesterday. I did a make clean, but
the means I used to force the FreeBSD geos port to use gcc34 did
obviously not suffice.

Doing a "gmake clean && ./configure CC=gcc34 CXX=g++34 && gmake" not
using the ports version did it:

root at wms1# chmod u+x tools/geos-config
root at wms1# tools/geos-config --version
2.2.1

This is geos-2.2.1 built with gcc34 on FreeBSD 4.11. Of course up to
now, I don't know, whether geos will work correctly! Are there maybe
some tests I can perform to check the functionality quickly?

I'll get in touch with the ports maintainer again, I think.

Thanks,
Ben