[geos-devel] Undefine references in libgeos_c 2.2.3

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Jul 10 06:31:15 EDT 2006

strk at refractions.net wrote:
> Do you mean you're using -lgeos -lgeos_c ?

Yes.
GDAL composes GEOS flags as follows (in configure.in/configure)

GEOS_LIBS="${GEOS_LIBS} -lgeos_c"
GEOS_CFLAGS="${GEOS_CFLAGS}"

> One problem might be that libgeos_c.so *knows* which version
> of libgeos.so to link against, while manual link could pick up
> a wrong one (ie: manual -lgeos would link against 3.0.0 while
> libgeos_c.so from 2.2.3 needs to use libgeos.so from 2.2.3!)

I don't suppose this is the problem.
I have cleaned all old geos include/lib files from my system before
I attempted to test GDAL + GEOS 2.2.3.

Best regards
--
Mateusz Loskot