[geos-devel] Union problem

Charlie Savage cfis at savagexi.com
Wed Jul 12 14:36:39 EDT 2006

To test the SWIG bindings, I've ported the example.cpp program to Ruby
and am checking that the output from both programs matches.

The relations (intersects, disjoint, etc.) all work.

I'm having issues with union though.

When I run the code via SWIG (ie, the c api), I get a lot of unhappy
messages from geos which I've attached below.  When I run the code from
example.cpp it works.  I think I've got all the geometries correct (all
the relation operations work).  I've also changed example.cpp to use the
default precision model like the c api does.

Is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks,

Charlie

----------
The code take 11 geometries and unions them together.  See
doc/example.cpp:858.

-------- UNION COMBINATION  ------
Original exception: TopologyException: side location conflict 0 250 1.7e-308
Trying with Common bits remover.
CBR: TopologyException: side location conflict 0 250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 25
Reduced with precision (25): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 24
Reduced with precision (24): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 23
Reduced with precision (23): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 22
Reduced with precision (22): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 21
Reduced with precision (21): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 20
Reduced with precision (20): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 19
Reduced with precision (19): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 18
Reduced with precision (18): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 17
Reduced with precision (17): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 16
Reduced with precision (16): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 15
Reduced with precision (15): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 14
Reduced with precision (14): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 13
Reduced with precision (13): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 12
Reduced with precision (12): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 11
Reduced with precision (11): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 10
Reduced with precision (10): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 9
Reduced with precision (9): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 8
Reduced with precision (8): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 7
Reduced with precision (7): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 6
Reduced with precision (6): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 5
Reduced with precision (5): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 4
Reduced with precision (4): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 3
Reduced with precision (3): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 2
Reduced with precision (2): TopologyException: side location conflict 0
250 1.7e-308
Trying with precision 1
Reduced: TopologyException: side location conflict 0 250 1.7e-308
Trying simplifying with tolerance 0.01
Simplified with tolerance (0.01): TopologyException: side location
conflict 0 250 1.7e-308
Trying simplifying with tolerance 0.02
Simplified with tolerance (0.02): TopologyException: side location
conflict 0 250 1.7e-308
Trying simplifying with tolerance 0.03
Simplified with tolerance (0.03): TopologyException: side location
conflict 0 250 1.7e-308
Trying simplifying with tolerance 0.04
Simplified: TopologyException: side location conflict 0 250 1.7e-308