[geos-devel] Re: New python/ruby SWIG bindings checked in / Can't build on Mac OSX

Charlie Savage cfis at savagexi.com
Tue Jul 25 02:53:29 EDT 2006

Hi Robert,

On both Linux and Windows with msys, all the generated make files have
this line:

LIBTOOL = $(SHELL) $(top_builddir)/libtool

This refers to the libtool file that should be in the top level GEOS
directory.  Is that file missing for you?

Either way, I'm guessing this isn't a SWIG binding issue.  If you're
missing the libtool file, does that mean you can't compile GEOS either?

I can't help much more on libtool/autoconf/automake etc., but would be
interested in hearing about your progress with the SWIG bindings on the
Mac since I don't have one I can test on.

Thanks,

Charlie