[geos-devel] Example code to build KML files (ideally in ruby)?

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Jul 25 14:26:44 EDT 2006

Robert J. Berger wrote:
> If by chance anyone has any examples of generating KML, particularly in
> conjunction with some Ruby GEOS examples, I would be most appreciative!

I have no idea about examples in Ruby, but I'd say it should not be a
problem to create KML output in Ruby. First, I'd suggest to learn how to
construct XML tree in Ruby (I have no idea of this, because I'm not a
Ruby programmer, yet ;-)).
Then you can walk through the KML documentation and see what elements
you need to include in your output. KML is a dialect of XML.

FYI, the OGR library includes KML driver:
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_kml.html

Best regards
--
Mateusz Loskot