[geos-devel] Compiling GEOS on win32

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Jul 27 12:49:02 EDT 2006

Theuns Heydenrych wrote:
> HI Mateusz
>
> Thanks a milion for this info , and saving me days of frustration and a lot
> of hair.
>
> Yes , i tried to compile it with VC++ 6.

One note about VC++ 6, as Norman remined me on
the #postgis channel (thanks Norman) you should be able to build
GEOS with STLport installed:
http://stlport.sourceforge.net/

I've forgot about STLport though I was always using it.
I'd strongly recommend to use STLport when you're usign VC++ 6
this is a very good and up to date implementation of STL.

> But Could i compile it with mingw32 and msys with GCC?

Yes, but I am not able to give you any further instructions because
I've never used GCC on Windows.

> You see i am actualy a delphi programmer and just need a win32 DLL of GEOS
> to use in my app.

So, if you need a GEOS dll + headers only, just download and install
FWTools made by Frank Warmerdam and you will get GEOS with other famos
Open Source GIS dev tools :-)

http://fwtools.maptools.org/

Best regards
--