[geos-devel] Swig Update and questions

Charlie Savage cfis at savagexi.com
Sat Jun 24 18:03:41 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of updating the swig bindings for the 3.0 release and
have a few questions.

What I've done so far:

* Reabled swig, ruby and python options in configure
* Went back to the automake files I put together previously.
* If you enable ruby/python bindings and have ruby or python installed
the bindings should build ok.  Still need to do a bit more testing on this.

Now a couple of questions:

* Strk - there was something else you wanted done in the build process
but I can't remember what it was - I think it had to do with tarring up
  a release and including the swig files.  Do you remember?

* Who owns the geometries returned from methods such as Intersection,
Difference, etc?  The C API doesn't give any indication and it wasn't
obvious to me looking through the C++ code.

Thanks,

Charlie