[geos-devel] boost

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Mar 1 06:46:47 EST 2006

Stefan Zschocke wrote:
> Well I am a newcomer, thus my opinion should not count much, anyway here it
> comes:
> I think the source-folder should only contain the core files needed to build
> the geos-library.
> Then another folder should take the testing stuff and also the examples,
> which currently are inside the source-folder tree.

I agree.

> If the testing code has depencies on boot - fine - as long as the core files
> for the library (or dll on Windows) don't have them.

Hmm, but what if GEOS core will use e.g. Boost Smart Pointers or
Boost.Array library. Then GEOS core will have Boost as a dependency.
But I think that should not be a problem.

There are a few possibilities, e.g.:
- Boost is assumed to be installed on users machine
- Boost libraries used by GEOS can be included in GEOS source tree,
mostly they are poor headers.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Łoskot