[geos-devel] boost

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 1 07:57:15 EST 2006

Mateusz Łoskot wrote:
> Hmm, but what if GEOS core will use e.g. Boost Smart Pointers or
> Boost.Array library. Then GEOS core will have Boost as a dependency.
> But I think that should not be a problem.

Mateusz / strk,

I can live with having Boost as a dependency of GEOS if it provides
substantial leverage in improving GEOS.

> There are a few possibilities, e.g.:
> - Boost is assumed to be installed on users machine
> - Boost libraries used by GEOS can be included in GEOS source tree,
> mostly they are poor headers.

I like the idea of including a known compatible version in the GEOS
source tree, but make sure it is easy to point the builds (unix and
win32) off to a preinstalled version if there is one.

Best regards,