[geos-devel] boost

Mark Coletti mcoletti at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 15:33:47 EST 2006

On 3/1/06, strk at refractions.net <strk at refractions.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 12:10:32PM +0100, Mateusz Å?oskot wrote:
> > BTW, I like strk's idea to incorporate Boost libraries to GEOS.
>
> This won't be a simple process, but I think it's worth starting.
> What do other developers think about it ?
> Is a dependency on boost acceptable ?

I've been an Boost fan almost from its inception.  To me, Boost is almost a
mandatory library for C++ developers.  The reference counting shared
pointers are, alone, worth using.  Then there's the string handling,
mathematical operators, "optional" data types, variant types, a plethora of
convenience classes, data/time manipulation, regular expressions, etc.  It's
a cornucopia of useful things.  Once you start using Boost, you won't go
back.

(I've still yet to convince the qgis folks to make the switch, alas.)

Cheers,

Mark
--
I'm taking reality in small doses to build immunity.