[geos-devel] Question about JTS porting process

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Mar 2 16:58:44 EST 2006

strk at refractions.net wrote:
> CoordinateSequenceFactory::create()
>
> is  a virtual function. The idea is to support an arbitrary
> number of dimensions past X/Y.

I understand. Simply, this construction is pretty strange and seems as
someone has forgot about something.

> CoordinateArraySequenceFactory only supports 3d, curently dimension
> is *always* forced to 3d.
>
> In order to support higher (or slimmer) CoordinateSequences
> developers can derive from the Factory and from CorodinateSequence.

OK, that's clear.
As we discussed today on #postgis, I'd suggest to comment unused formal
parameters but only leave type specifier. Then the idea become more
clear and we can get rid of warnings about unused variables.

> It's pretty new stuff added to the interface.

OK.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Łoskot