[geos-devel] [UTF] envelope_class_test.cpp fixed for Boost 1.33

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Mon Mar 13 06:34:47 EST 2006

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 12:17:38PM +0100, Mateusz Å?oskot wrote:
> strk at refractions.net wrote:
> >Yep, I also feel this is going to be more complex then I imagined. I
> >always tried to do w/out boost exactly fearing for these kind of
> >problems (common when external dependencies are added).
>
> Just as I said, I'm also a bit disappointed.
> But in fact, Boost.Test provides most rich features from other libs I know.
> May be we can wait for what Gennadyi Rozental will say about possible
> crucial changes between releases.
>
> >Mateusz: how about boost-less port of the JTS unit tests instead ?
>
> Yes, it's possible but I still need to have some Unit Test Framework.
> So, we should go back to
> http://geos.refractions.net/pipermail/geos-devel/2006-February/001788.html

Both TUT and cxxtest are headers-only, I'd pick the smallest one
to distribute togheter with GEOS.

TUT seems a good choice (20K in a single header file).

Here is an excerpt from TUT website about supported compilers,
please raise your hand if you have any concern about it:

      Supported:

      * GNU GCC 2.95
      * GNU GCC 3.x (both under unix and MinGW)
      * Borland 5.6 (Borland C++ Builder 6)
      * Intel C++ Compiler 6.x
      * Intel C++ Compiler 8.1
      * Sun Studio 9: C++ 5.6 Compiler
      * Microsoft VC7 (Microsoft VS.NET 2003 and later)
      * Sun WorkShop 6 update 2 C++ 5.3 (probably, previous versions as well)

      Unsupported:

      * Borland 5.5.x (Borland C++ Builder 5)
      * Microsoft VC6 (including SP5)
      * Microsoft VC7 (Microsoft VS.NET 2002)
      * C for AIX Compiler, Version 6
      * KAI C++ Compiler
      * Portland Group Compiler, Version 5.2-4