[geos-devel] Petition for a 2.2.2 release

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Mon Mar 27 09:15:55 EST 2006

On Mar 27, 2006, at 2:07 AM, strk at refractions.net wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 02:35:48PM -0700, Charlie Savage wrote:
>> Do we want to include the swig patches I have for 2.2.2?  Includes
>> Ruby
>> bindings, and more polished Python bindings.
>
> No problem for me. I'm pretty much assorbed in HEAD, and it might
> come out not much later then 2.2.2.
> BTW, class renames is finished, did you give HEAD a try with swig ?
>
> --strk;

Charlie, I feel that we shouldn't make significant changes like that
in a point release. Besides, isn't the SWIG API going to break from
2.2 to 3.0? It doesn't make sense to me to release something that
will be immediately broken.

Anything else I can do to get 2.2.2 out the door, Sandro?

Sean

---
Sean Gillies
http://zcologia.com