[geos-devel] Is empty LinearRing closed?

Martin Davis mbdavis at VividSolutions.com
Thu Mar 30 17:42:19 EST 2006

I'm not sure why strk is making this comment.  JTS/GEOS supports empty geometries of all types (as per the OGC SFS).

That said, what kind of empty geometry is returned from various methods is open to interpretation, I think.  In some cases I think the best you can do is to return an empty GC.  In other cases a more precise kind of empty geometry can be returned  (and as I noted, JTS/GEOS could probably improve it's semantics in a few cases. )

Martin Davis, Senior Technical Architect
Vivid Solutions Inc.      www.vividsolutions.com
Suite #1A-2328 Government Street Victoria, B.C. V8T 5G5
Phone: (250) 385 6040 - Local 308 Fax: (250) 385 6046