[geos-devel] Building geos-2.2.0 on fedora core 5

Mike Leahy mgleahy at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Mar 31 16:58:00 EST 2006

You're right...I didn't take notice of the './ChangeLog not found'
notice from the autogen output (below).  I ran 'touch ChangeLog', and
the error went away when I re-ran autogen, although those warnings about
underquoted definitions persist.  After that, ./configure and make both
worked fine.  I haven't done anything else to test it, but I imagine
it'll work fine.

Running autoheader
Running aclocal
/usr/share/aclocal/mpatrol.m4:37: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_WITH_MPATROL
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
/usr/share/aclocal/libfame.m4:6: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_LIBFAME
Running libtoolize
Running automake
configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
configure.in: installing `./missing'
doc/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
Makefile.am: required file `./ChangeLog' not found
Running autoconf
Now you are ready to run './configure'