[geos-devel] GeometryFactory - call for explanation

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Mar 30 20:52:12 EST 2006

Martin Davis wrote:

> And yes, this is all trivial in Java - I commiserate with you C++
> guys....  8^)

Hehe, I'll leave it with silence just to not to start flame war ;-)))

> I would think smart pointers would help here.

Yup

> As for a default factory, that probably makes a lot of sense for 98%
> of users - so seems like a good idea.

Yes, it makes sense, but also it should be clear
that "default factory" =/= "common factory (as a singleton"

I mean, according to the current approach (and the 3 assumptions
presented in this thread) default factory could be a shared factory, but
not the only-single-global-common factory to N objects.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Łoskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net