[geos-devel] left and right buffer

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed May 17 13:06:07 EDT 2006

Hi Martin,

I think a useful variant of this for polygons it to be able to specify
inside or outside, so you could effectively grow and shrink the polygon.

The "grow" option is great for finding abutters, and I think the buffer
command today already does this.

The "shrink" option is great for defining/showing boundary offsets
within a lot that might be needed to insure zoning rules.

-Steve