[geos-devel] Building GEOS with GDAL

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Wed Nov 15 05:46:30 EST 2006

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 10:06:33AM -0500, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> >Can you try ?
>
> Strk,
>
> That is correct.  The GEOS_DLL specifier has to appear after the main
> return type, but before pointer modifiers.

Sorry, I don't understand, which one is correct ?

1: extern char GEOS_DLL *GEOSGeomToWKT(const GEOSGeometry* g);
2: extern char * GEOS_DLL GEOSGeomToWKT(const GEOSGeometry* g);

And what if a pointer is 'const':

1: extern const char GEOS_DLL *GEOSversion();
2: extern char GEOS_DLL const * GEOSversion();
3: extern const char GEOS_DLL * GEOSversion();