[geos-devel] troubles understanding GEOS

Del Cacho, Carlos (Carlos) delcacho at lucent.com
Tue Nov 28 06:57:59 EST 2006

Yes, GEOS can do this. There is a spatial index that you can use instead of
looping all your line strings.

http://geos.refractions.net/ro/doxygen_docs/html/classgeos_1_1index_1_1quadt
ree_1_1Quadtree.html

I am using this structure for a CAD mock up project of mine. I can provide
example code if you wish, just drop me an email. Basically, you assign any
piece of data to an envelope, store it in the index, and you can have
efficient queries afterwards.

For reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadtree

Greets,