[geos-devel] Another Python/Makefile issue

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 17:41:50 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 00:23 -0600, Charlie Savage wrote:
> I'm seeing this bug in python support:
>
>   > swig/python/Makefile.am:16: `pkgpyexec_LTLIBRARIES' is used but
> `pkgpyexecdir' is undefined
>   > swig/python/Makefile.am:16:
>   > swig/python/Makefile.am:16: The usual way to define `pkgpyexecdir' is
> to add `AM_PATH_PYTHON'
>   > swig/python/Makefile.am:16: to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and
> `autoconf' again.
>   > swig/python/Makefile.am:15: `pkgpython_PYTHON' is used but
> `pkgpythondir' is undefined
>

> Strk - you previously mentioned you fixed this:
>
> http://geos.refractions.net/pipermail/geos-devel/2007-January/002779.html
>
> Except its still happening, at least on msys.  Thoughts?
>
> Charlie

One more thing - the versions of autotools that come with msys are so
old that it isn't worth even bothering to debug this without upgrading
them to the latest versions first. Doing this solved most of my GEOS
problems in one go.

If you don't feel like rolling your own autotoools in msys (but have a
reasonably modern Linux box around), tar/gzip your latest source onto
the linux box, extract and run autogen.sh. Then rebuild the tar.gz and
copy back into msys and run it there.

ATB,

Mark.

--