[geos-devel] Another Python/Makefile issue

Charlie Savage cfis at savagexi.com
Thu Aug 30 17:47:28 EDT 2007

Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 00:23 -0600, Charlie Savage wrote:
>> I'm seeing this bug in python support:
>>
>>   > swig/python/Makefile.am:16: `pkgpyexec_LTLIBRARIES' is used but
>> `pkgpyexecdir' is undefined
>>   > swig/python/Makefile.am:16:
>>   > swig/python/Makefile.am:16: The usual way to define `pkgpyexecdir' is
>> to add `AM_PATH_PYTHON'
>>   > swig/python/Makefile.am:16: to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and
>> `autoconf' again.
>>   > swig/python/Makefile.am:15: `pkgpython_PYTHON' is used but
>> `pkgpythondir' is undefined
>>

> One more thing - the versions of autotools that come with msys are so
> old that it isn't worth even bothering to debug this without upgrading
> them to the latest versions first. Doing this solved most of my GEOS
> problems in one go.

Yes, I played that game last year and got everything up to date.  But in
the end I nuked my setup and started from scratch since it started
acting in very strange ways.  Currently I'm using what comes with msys
and it seems to be working, minus this one issue with the python macros.

Anyway, I assume you mean update the whole suite?  libtool, autoconf,
automake?  Are the versions under mingwPort good enough
(http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435)?

autoconf-2.59-mingwPORT.tar.bz2
automake-1.9.5-mingwPORT.tar.bz2 			libtool-1.5.22-mingwPORT.tar.bz2

Charlie