[geos-devel] GEOS 3.1

Ben Jubb benjubb at refractions.net
Fri Dec 21 12:27:21 EST 2007

Charlie Savage wrote:

> How much time will it take to merge Ben's work?  How significant are
> the changes?  How much time until they are "production" ready?
>
> Depending on those answers, I could be fine with just merging Ben's
> changes in, stabilizing trunk, and then calling it 3.0.
The changes I've made are minimal to the existing codebase. I added a
couple of functions, changed one or two to virtual, and modified the
namespace of one class.  Otherwise, pretty much everything I did is new
code.

Right now the code builds just fine (in VC++), passes all the tests I've
put to it, and leaks a bit of memory.

I've also modified the XMLTester. to allow it to test only predicates,
and use that to check that the prepared geometry predicates give the
same answer as the normal versions.