[geos-devel] Patch: Fixing GEOS HEAD compilation under MingW

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Fri Jan 5 03:51:59 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 15:48 -0700, Charlie Savage wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Thanks for making this work - I had no luck before.  I've also noticed
> that some functions that were not previously defined in MingW are now
> defined in the latest versions (off the top of my head infinity I think
> was one, but would have to check).  Did you run into any problems like that?
>
> Charlie

Hi Charlie,

No, I don't think I've seen this although I've only been looking at the
problem on-and-off since RC1. Glad that you could replicate a build from
the current SVN as so far I think we are the only two people actively
using MingW!

If GEOS hits RC4, I'm tempted to put out a "technology preview" of the
PostGIS Win32 installer for PostgreSQL 8.2 with PostGIS 1.2/GEOS 3.0RC4
for testing purposes. Since my only test has been to run XMLTester and
see that all tests pass, I think that the extra user accessibility may
help catch any subtle last minute bugs. Paul, does that sound as if it
would be a useful idea?

Kind regards,

Mark.