[geos-devel] Re: Compile GEOS-3.0.0rc4 with nmake under VS2005

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Nov 26 01:49:27 EST 2007

Zhonghai Wang wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to compile geos-3.0.0rc4 with nmake under VS2005  today
> according to the instructions on your web page:
> http://mateusz.loskot.net/projects/geos/, but I got an error message
> like:
>
> NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make
> 'geom\CoordinateSequenceFactory.obj' Stop.
>
> and I've checked the source file, there isn't such a file named
> CoordinateSequenceFactory.cpp available. Is this file really missing
> in the source code package, or is the compile command line in the
> makefile.vcwrong?

Hi Zhonghai,

Thanks for reporting this problem. Yes, indeed there is a bug in VC++
makefile. I fixed it and posted update for makefile.vc on my blog:

http://mateusz.loskot.net/2007/11/26/geos-300rc4-and-visual-c/

Please, follow instructions included there and report if it works for
you now.

This problem does not occur in GEOS from Subversion. I hope next GEOS
package will include fixed makefiles.

p.s. I added gdal-devel list address to CC, so other users are notified
about this problem and solution.

--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net