[geos-devel] Windows Build

Charlie Savage cfis at savagexi.com
Wed Sep 5 22:35:54 EDT 2007

> copy headers/geos/platform.h.vc headers/geos/platform.h
> copy headers/geos/version.h.vc headers/geos/version.h
>
> AFAIR, makefile.vc does it for you, at least for platform.h.

The VC++ project files already do this as a pre-build step.  So this
shouldn't be an issue.

Note I did the same thing for the capi file recently.

>> We switched to using project files, but then there were errors
>> building the python and ruby bindings (which we don't need).
>
> These projects for scripting langs have been added quite recently,
> by Charlie Savage. Perhaps something is not completed or not working
> well yet, but you can just remove these projects from the solution.

Yes, just don't build them.  The problem with those project files is
that they assume where ruby/python are located.  I suppose I could setup
the project files to call out to a script and try to figure it out, but
that didn't seem worth the bother.

Charlie