[geos-devel] Windows Build

Charlie Savage cfis at savagexi.com
Wed Sep 5 23:32:51 EDT 2007

> Perhaps macros in VC++ Property Sheets will work for this.
> It's possible to define macros like RUBY_DIR in a common Property Sheet
> file (.vcprops) and then share this file among all projects.
>
> Here is example of .vcprops:
>
> http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/wince/msvc80/
>
> The sheet is editable from View -> Property Manager in the IDE.

That's very interesting.  Is a user supposed to change the settings as
needed then?

I was thinking it would be clever to just try to run Ruby/Python
directly and ask the interpreters themselves where they are.  That does
assume they are on the execution path though.  And it assumes you can
recover from errors if they aren't.  Can you work such magic in a batch
file?

Charlie