[geos-devel] C# Bindings?

Martin Davis mbdavis at refractions.net
Tue Sep 11 18:04:02 EDT 2007

A couple of things:

You might also try looking at the Net Topology Suite, which is a port of
JTS to C# (just like GEOS is a port to C++).  HOWEVER, this is a fork of
JTS, and I don't know how current or active it is.  (It might be nice
thing for JTS to offer an official .NET compatible version....)

You can also try compiling JTS under J#.  It mostly all works - there
might be a few simple utility classes you have to supply.

As for your topology problems, this might be cause by invalid input
data, or it might be caused by robustness errors in the computation
itself.  The most recent version of GEOS has some substantial
improvements in robustness for overlay ops, so you should try it and see
if it fixes your problem.  (At a very high level this is doing something
similar to your concept of "cleaning up" the geometries to avoid the
problems - but it's probably not something you want to try at home  8^)

Another note - if you are unioning many polygons together, JTS is just
adding an optimized function to do this efficiently, and hopefully this
will make it in GEOS in due course.