[geos-devel] C# Bindings?

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Sep 11 17:51:18 EDT 2007

Charlie Savage wrote:
> Simon Perkins wrote:
>> We've been using the OGR interface to GEOS (which are exposed by the
>> OGR C# bindings), but are running into some strange topology
>> exceptions (side location conflicts and non-nodal intersections) and
>> I'd like to use the GEOS isValid() method which is not exposed by OGR,
>> AFAIK. Might using the GEOS library directly be more efficient than
>> going through OGR as well?
>
> Hmm, probably not a big difference.

It depends on what geometry types are used, GEOS or OGR only or mixed,
because there is always some performance overhead related to conversion
between GEOS and OGR geometries.
If OGR is used *only* as a proxy to GEOS operation then I'm inclined to
say it's very efficient because OGR needs to call
OGRGeometry::exportToGEOS() on each geometry you pass.

If GEOS geometries only are concerned, then better solution
is to call GEOS directly and feed it with its native geometries.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net